How to Buy Machu Picchu Tickets? Step By Step
How to Get Machu Picchu Tickets?
All you need to know before buying your Machu Picchu ticket!
Machu Picchu Entrance Tickets Online
If you have made the decision to visit one of the 7 wonders of the world, Machu Picchu and you want to visit it on your own, then this article could help you with the reservation of your ticket to Machu Picchu, but if you find it too complicated or you’re afraid of getting scammed? you can also opt to go with us.
you MUST have an entrance ticket bought in advance…they are NOT sold at the entrance to Machu Picchu. There are several ways to purchase your tickets. Here’s the 2021 prices and your options for buying!
Important: Be careful which company you pick for a tour or a trip. You could get scammed. Usually happens if a price seems too cheap.
You should also be careful with travel agencies named “Machu Picchu Tickets” making tourist believe that they are on the official website, however it is not, they really buy your ticket but also charge you a heavy fee for it, at the end of this article we will leave you the link so you can do it safely.
How much is the ticket to visit Machu Picchu? Here are the prices of the tickets for Machu Picchu for 2021 The cost of the tickets varies according to the type of ticket and nationality of the tourist.
Machu Picchu ticket prices for 2021
How much does the entrance ticket to Machu Picchu cost? this depends on the type of ticket you get.
This gives the entrance to Machu Picchu ruins It does not provide the entrance to climb any of the mountain peaks including Machu Picchu Mountain or Huayna Picchu
Children (from 8 to 17 years old)
Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu Mountain
(This allows entry to the shorter and busier peak of the mountain, the Huayna Picchu (8,923 ft/2,720m))
How to Buy Machu Picchu Tickets
You can buy tickets in person for Machu Picchu in Cusco or Aguas Calientes, which is easier if you travel in high or low season (October to May). In high season, it may not be possible to buy in person as tickets sell out months in advance.
How to buy machu picchu tickets on the official website
- In order to secure your tickets, the first step in the process is going to the Peru Ministry of Culture government website.
- There will be a pop up window, click Cerrar/Close;
- Choose English
- Next, you will want to determine if you will attend Machu Picchu only, or if you want to add Huayna Picchu or the Machu Picchu mountain.
- Choose your preferred date
- Then indicate how many adults, students or children. If you have a valid student ID, (If you´re studen contact or email email@example.com to provide proof before paying.)
- Chose how many tickets you want
- The price will be shown (in Peruvian soles). At the moment, an adult ticket for ONLY Machu Picchu costs 152 soles (or US $46);
- select if you want the early morning entrance or the afternoon entrance. “if you have a pop-up message that says “No availability” that means your date is already taken”.
- On the next screen, you will enter your passport information exactly as it is printed on your passport. if your passport number doesn’t match your passport, you will not be allowed entry.
- You will then confirm that you have read the terms and conditions and agree to them.
- a pop-up will be generated asking for your contact address and email address. Enter this, complete the captcha and press generate.
- (Please note that the reservation code is only valid for 3 hours.)
- Click on the payment option. Currently, only the Visa credit card is accepted for online payment.
- Enter your credit card info, and select pay
- You will then receive your ticket by email. Print it out.
- NOTE: There is no option for a mobile ticket.
How to buy MP tickets in Cusco
This can be made at the Ministry of Culture, which is open Monday to Saturday, from 7 AM to 8 PM. The office of the Ministry of Culture in Cusco is located in Casa Garcilaso on Garcilaso Street.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How early to buy machu picchu tickets?
We recommend buying it up to 1 month in advance, but this depends on the season
If you are thinking of visiting Machu Picchu in April or May you can buy it in February, if you are thinking of visiting Machu Picchu in June or August then you should buy your ticket in December or January at the latest, since those are the months where there are more tourists visiting Machu Picchu.